Original image by Toby Hudson CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikipedia
We are pleased to announce the release 1.7.0 of Camel Quarkus! Here are the highlights.
Camel 3.8.0 and Quarkus 1.12.0.Final
We stand on the shoulders of two giants. Please check the release announcements for Camel 3.8.0 and Quarkus 1.12.0.Final to learn about the news they bring.
The change of default packaging format to Fast JAR in Quarkus 1.12 is worth mentioning also here. Before Camel Quarkus 1.7.0 you used to start your application in JVM mode via something like
$ java -jar target/*-runner.jar
and now since Camel Quarkus 1.7.0, you have to use
$ java -jar target/quarkus-app/quarkus-run.jar
Your Docker files and deployment scripts might need an adjustment when you upgrade to Camel Quarkus 1.7.0.
You can go back to the original behavior by setting
quarkus.package.type=legacy-jar in your
Support for more Camel components
Camel Quarkus brings support for six new Camel components:
- Azure Event Hubs
- Spring RabbitMQ
- XML Security Sign and Verify
- JFR (JVM only)
Components newly supported in native mode:
- AWS 2 Eventbridge
- AWS 2 Kinesis and Firehose
- Azure Storage Queue Service
- Cassandra CQL
- IPFS (no longer supported, February 2022)
We are following the deprecation of the underlying Camel components:
- AWS EC2 (SDK v1)
- AWS ECS (SDK v1)
- AWS EKS (SDK v1)
- AWS IAM (SDK v1)
- AWS Kinesis (SDK v1)
- AWS KMS (SDK v1)
- AWS Lambda (SDK v1)
- AWS S3 (SDK v1)
- AWS SDB (SDK v1)
- AWS SNS (SDK v1)
- AWS SQS (SDK v1)
- AWS SWF (SDK v1)
- AWS Translate (SDK v1)
- Azure (old SDK)
- Javax Websocket (JSR 356)
More test coverage for AWS 2 components
So far, our AWS SDK v2 extensions were not tested properly. We started adding tests that check their behavior against the real AWS services. Some of the tests can also run against a Localstack mock container.
Full Changelog of Camel Quarkus 1.7.0
- Upgrading to Jackson 2.12.1 via Quarkus BOM 1.12 breaks Azure SDK v12 extensions - possible workarounds: force Jackson 2.11.3 in your application or stay on Camel Quarkus 1.6.0
- Camel Quarkus OptaPlanner does not work as of Quarkus 1.12 in apps generated by code.quarkus.io - this is caused by a conflicting OptaPlanner version in Quarkus Universe BoM. Workaround: use plain Camel Quarkus BoM instead of Quarkus Universe BoM.
Camel Quarkus 1.8.0 should appear within a couple of weeks, shortly after Quarkus 1.13.
There is still a lot of Camel components to port to Quarkus. Please upvote your favorites, or even better contribute!