Camel 2.20.0 Release (currently in progress)
New and Noteworthy
Welcome to the x.y.z release which approx XXX issues resolved (new features, improvements and bug fixes such as...)
- Many internal optimisations in the Camel routing engine, such as reducing thread contention when updating JMX statistics, reducing internal state objects to claim less memory, and reducing the number of allocated objects to reduce overhead on GC etc, and much more.
- Camel Spring Boot now supports referring to bean's (lookup in Spring Boot) by their id names in the configuration files (application.properties|yaml file) when you configure any of the Camel starter components.
- Camel Spring Boot now also supports using Spring (auto) configuration to configure CamelContext when using Spring XML files with <camelContext>.
- Worked to make Apache Camel more ready and compatible with the upcoming Spring Boot 2 and Spring Framework 5. Officially support for these is expected in Camel 2.21 release.
- The JMS component now includes JMS 2.0 functionality to use shared (durable and non-durable) topic.
- The Camel Maven Plugin can now validate for duplicate route ids in your source code.
- Splitted Twitter component into 4, now directmessage, seach, streaming and timeline has its own endpoint and scheme. See documentation for more details
HeadersMapFactory SPI which allows to plugin different implementations, or to use case sensitive maps that are faster than the default.
- Allow Kafka consumer to break on first unhandled exception, sync the offset from last known good, and then re-connect after one timeout cycle, to restart consuming again. This avoids loosing the failed message, but retry it again on either this consumer, or another consume which was re-balanced by Kafka. This requires to be turned on with the new option breakOnFirstError which can be set on both component or endpoint level.
- Starting and stoping the CamelContext when used with Spring framework (SpringCamelContext) was revised to ensure that the Camel context is started last - when all resources should be available, and stopped first - while all resources are still available
- The SQL Stored Procedure now supports specifying custom types as FQN classnames and scale in numeric values.
- Using Camel with Spring now supports calling Bean by their FQN name and let Spring instantiate the bean using auto-wired constructor's as opposed to only supporting a no-arg constructor.
- Using Camel with Spring Boot can now easily filter Java RouteBuilder routes via ANT-path pattern style to either include or exclude class names, which can be configured using Spring configuration properties.
- The Wire Tap EIP can now be configured to use static endpoint uri instead of being dynamic evaluated via the Simple language.
- The Wire Tap EIP will now complete any inflight wire tapped exchanges while shutting down to give them time to complete graceful.
- The JSonPath can now split and write each row as a string value (JSon format) instead of using a Map/POJO type with the new writeAsString option.
- The POJO Consuming Consume annotation on POJO classes now support a predicate (using simple language) to filter the message. See the camel-example-spring-boot-pojo for more.
Fixed these issues
- Fixed a infinitive recursion in Camel's Error Handler when an onException was routing to another route using direct endpoint and this route would throw a new exception that would circle back to the same onException or at a later point, which will cause an endless recursion.
- Fixed a potential issue with masking password from URI using RAW(xxx) would reveal part of the password if the password contains a & character.
- The Restlet component is now internally using curly brackets for its uri patterns instead of regular parentheses so it works similar to the other REST component and as Restlet framework itself does
- Fixed Hystrix EIP having wrong default for circuitBreakerForceClose when using camel-hystrix-starter with Spring Boot. The default should be false and not true
- Fixed Hystrix EIP when failing and running fallback not signaling to Hystrix itself so it can keep state of the failure and react accordingly to run in half-open mode as well.
- Fixed MDC logging loosing route id after calling a direct route from within a transacted route
- Fixed a regression with Bean and Simple OGNL expressions causing ambiguous method call exception when calling method implemented by super class when method is defined by interface and abstract class
- Fixed Rest DSL (server side) not returning response on all valid uri paths when clients call using a HTTP OPTIONS request
- Fixed Rest producer not using HTTP method (verb such as PUT) from the endpoint uri when calling a remote REST service
- Fixed Timer routes to shutdown more graceful and allow pending tasks to complete while they are in-flight.
- Fixed configuring Rest DSL via application.properties|yaml in Spring Boot not working.
- Fixed Simple Language to add support negative numbers(without single or double quotes) in predicates
- Fixed configuring Rest DSL in Spring Boot application.properties / yaml for properties to data format, component, api, cors etc to use a map structure and make it work.
- Fixed configuring Rest DSL using property placeholders in the path parameters such as the defaultValue.
- Fixed an issue with parallel processing (in non-streaming mode) in some EIPs may cause CPU burning cycles while waiting for pending tasks to complete or timeout.
- Fixed an issue with copying streams could block forever due IBM application server would mistakenly return 0 instead of -1 to indicate EOL for an empty stream.
- Fixed an issue with making JMS and SJMS components work with ActiveMQ Artemis that would otherwise causes a ClassCastException
- camel-crypto-cms - a component for cryptographic message syntax
- camel-headersmap - a faster implementation of case-insenstive map (used by camel message headers) which can be added to classpath at runtime to be auto installed
- camel-reactor - a reactor based back-end for camel's reactive streams component
- camel-twilio - a component that allows you to interact with Twilio REST APIs to call phones, send texts, etc. from a Camel route
- camel-caffeine - a component that allows you to interact with a Caffeine cache
- Added predicate to Consume
Important changes to consider when upgrading
Getting the Distributions
The above URLs use redirection
The above URLs use the Apache Mirror system to redirect you to a suitable mirror for your download. Some users have experienced issues with some versions of browsers (e.g. some Safari browsers). If the download doesn't seem to work for you from the above URL then try using FireFox
Getting the Binaries using Maven 2
To use this release in your maven project, the proper dependency configuration that you should use in your Maven POM is:
Git Tag Checkout
For a more detailed view of new features and bug fixes, see the: