Camel 1.6.0 release
New and Noteworthy
Welcome to the 1.6.0 release which approx 169 issues resolved (new features, improvements and bug fixes such as...)
- RedeliveryPolicy added support for ref attribute to reference a existing policy in the Registry
- major improvements to Jetty for better handling of exception and faults and easier end-user customization how response should be written
- minor improvements to HTTP and MINA
- HTTP supports authentication
- MINA producer now throws CamelExchangeException in case no response received from remote server when in sync mode (sync=true)
- SFTP added support for knownhosts, privatekey files and passive mode
onWhen predicate to Exception Clause
- Exception Clause is much smarter as it will use caused by exception hierarchy for matching as well (will use bottom ups)
- Dead Letter Channel now have
onRedeliver to allow custom processing an Exchange before its being redelivered. Allowing you to work on the message being sent.
- Message Exchange Pattern can now be changed directly in the DSL.
- Scala (work in progress, not fully feature complete)
- From Camel 1.6.0 the camel-cxf producer's serviceClass parameter should be Interface, before that you could specify the serviceClass as a Class or Interface.
- From Camel 1.6.0 the camel-jetty producer is removed and camel-jetty component doesn't dependent jetty-client module.
See known issues from previous releases.
Important changes to consider when upgrading
JAXB data format
If you use XJC to create the java class from the schema, you will get a ObjectFactory for you JAXB context. Since the ObjectFactory uses JAXBElement to hold the reference of the schema and element instance value, from Camel 1.6.0 jaxbDataformat will ignore the JAXBElement by default and you will get the element instance value instead of the JAXBElement object form the unmarshaled message body.
If you want to get the JAXBElement object form the unmarshaled message body, you need to set the JaxbDataFormat object's ignoreJAXBElement property to be false.
Getting the Distributions
The above URLs use redirection
The above URLs use the Apache Mirror system to redirect you to a suitable mirror for your download. Some users have experienced issues with some versions of browsers (e.g. some Safari browsers). If the download doesn't seem to work for you from the above URL then try using FireFox
Getting the Binaries using Maven 2
To use this release in your maven project, the proper dependency configuration that you should use in your Maven POM is:
SVN Tag Checkout
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/tags/camel-1.6.0
For a more detailed view of new features and bug fixes, see: