If you have never used or seen Camel before, then you should start with Apache Camel Tutorial – Introduction to EIP, Routes, Components, Testing, and other Concepts - an article by Kai Wähner, where he puts EIP and Camel into the big picture and gives a run down of the important Camel concepts. Demo source code can be downloaded at github to get started with your first Camel project easily.
Archived Webinars and Screencasts
Articles are divided into several sections. As the lists grow, further sectioning refinements may be necessary.
These examples show usage of several different components and other concepts such as error handling.
Tooling / Combination with other Products
These examples show Camel combined with several tools (e.g. IDE), ESBs, and other middleware products such as messaging or OSGi container.
Camel and Groovy
Camel and Scala
Camel and Clojure
Comparison to Camel's Competitors
Presentations on Apache Camel
- James Strachan was interviewed by Dana Gardner
- Episode 35 - A few beers with Chariot's Open Source Integration Experts - Chariot TechCast Episode 35 where they talk about: ServiceMix, Camel, FUSE, Mule, Spring Integration, EIP, ESB etc.
- The Basement Coders Episode 14 - Apache Camel - Basement Coders discusses Apache Camel. You may want to skip to the 25 minute where they start talking about Camel.
- JBoss Asylum Podcast Episode 28 - Fuse stories - Podcast from January 2013 with James Strachan and Rob Davies with the background history and how they got into creating Apache Camel, and how they tink Camel has become such successful.
- Podcast James Strachan - Mr Apache Camel - Podcast from February 2013 with James Strachan about Apache Camel, integration and the cloud.
- Developer Interview with Claus Ibsen - Video interview August 2014 with Claus Ibsen about Apache Camel, Camel tooling, and about the upcoming Camel release.
- Apache Camel Developer's Cookbook by Scott Cranton and Jakub Korab (Packt Publishing, December 2013)
- Instant Apache Camel Messaging System by Evgeniy Sharapov (Packt Publishing, September 2013)
- Instant Apache Camel Message Routing by Bilgin Ibryam (Packt Publishing, August 2013)
- Camel in Action by Claus Ibsen and Jonathan Anstey (Manning, December 2010)
- Enterprise Integration Patterns by Gregor Hohpe and Bobby Woolf (Addison Wesley, October 2003)
- Ashwin Karpe's Blog (OpenSourceKnowledge) - Ashwin is a Camel committer and writes about Camel.
- Ben O'Day's Blog - Ben works in the field and sometimes blogs about Camel
- Bilgin Ibryam's Blog - Bilgin blogs about Camel, OFBiz and Open Source in general.
- Charles Moulliard's Blog - Charles occasionally blogs about Camel and OSGi
- Christian Schneider's Blog - Christian occasionally blogs about Camel and CXF.
- Claus Ibsen's Blog - Claus is a Camel committer since March 2008, and writes a lot about Camel.
- Hadrian Zbarcea - also blogs about Camel.
- James Strachan's Blog - James blogs about Camel sometimes too
- Jean-Baptiste Onofré's Blog - JB blogs about Camel, CXF, Karaf, ServiceMix and OSGi in general.
- Jon Anstey's Blog - Jon occasionally blogs about Camel
- Kai Wähner's Blog - Kai blogs about Camel, ESB, Cloud, and present Camel at various conferences as well.
- Marcelo Jarbali's Blog - Marcelo blogs about Websocket, Camel and integration.
- Michael Warecki's Blog - Michael blogs about SOA, BPA and Camel.
- Raul Kripalani's Blog - Raúl blogs about Camel, ServiceMix, ActiveMQ, CXF, SOA, Open Source in general, both in Spanish and English.
- Robert James Liguori's Blog - Blogs about Java and supporting resources including Apache Camel.
- Tracy Snell's Blog - Tracy frequently blogs about Camel.
- Willem Jiang's Blog - Willem also writes about Camel in English and Chinese.